Monday, November 15, 2010

E-Waste management; New ideas









Dear Friends, as you are aware, electronic waste is an emerging challenge for next intensive research has yet to provide suitable solutions. Changing configurations and timeless up-gradation of CPU’s and printers are creating more and more environmental risk materials. Time has come that every one of us should try something new to save this mother earth.generation;

In an effort to do my bit, I have tried few things which came very handy; I would like to share this with all of you. Electronic components have dangerous materials like conducting, semiconducting, dyes, plastics and organic agents; these are not eco-friendly and need more time for degradation. Keeping this in view; I have planted different species of plants in my unused CPU’s and Printers. To my surprise, all of them are thriving and growing well. By the time I change their soil most of these hazardous materials would be degraded hopefully.

You may try some more plants and see what grows better; if you have old printers please send them to me for this rehabilitation.





















































Prof Dr S Bakhtiar Choudhary,
President Indian Association Occupational Health,
Green Peace Activist; E-mail: sbakhtiar@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.bakhtiarchoudhary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment